• Apfeltalk ändert einen Teil seiner Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB), das Löschen von Useraccounts betreffend.
    Näheres könnt Ihr hier nachlesen: AGB-Änderung
  • Welches Motiv unseres Fotowettbewerbes gefällt Euch in diesem Monat am Besten? Hier geht es lang zur Abstimmung --> Klick

Mind the gap: The very amusing English thread

Ikezu Sennin

Schöner von Bath
If we lock up the guys in ne room with landplage, we besser give them some chainmail armour... just to help them survive.

Edit: And fireproof clothing if she starts spitting fire.

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
No wonder embedding won't work:

I did not know that there is a way to disable video embedding for a specific clip.

Nordapfel

Osnabrücker Reinette
If we lock up the guys in ne room with landplage, we besser give them some chainmail armour... just to help them survive.

Edit: And fireproof clothing if she starts spitting fire.
Welcome to Middle Ages on apfeltalk..

That whole English thing here is funny.. Why don't we have an own subforum here only for all English speaking guys?

gugucom

Spätblühender Taffetapfe
You can have all the fun by joining an English spoken international forum for something that attracts people from all over the world. You will get all the bad English you want plus some really in depth idiomatic stuff from the Aussies and Yanks. I contribute regularly to a Belgian technical forum for F1 talk and it is quite amusing, I tell you.

UHDriver

Doppelter Prinzenapfel
You could also start working for an international organisation (UN, NATO, EU), then you can have that kind of fun all day long...

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
Or simply start working at an international company (I think they offer more jobs than NATO, EU and UN combined... :) ).

Another alternative is start working at DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherung). There you can speak in English all day long... although it is somewhat limited since there is a phrasebook for all radio messages.

gugucom

Spätblühender Taffetapfe
Sure, it's a great adventure. Pirates of the Indian Ocean comes to mind. ;)

Yeah, right! Joining a company with business language English is a certain way or taking an ExPat tour with an exporting company. Tons of practise in China or the Gulf states. hehe!!

iDirtjumper

Ribston Pepping
It's very funny.An englisch thread :D
But,I don't know what you're talking about :p ...

alex_neo

Roter Stettiner
Or simply start working at an international company (I think they offer more jobs than NATO, EU and UN combined... :) ).

Another alternative is start working at DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherung). There you can speak in English all day long... although it is somewhat limited since there is a phrasebook for all radio messages.

If you look at the growth rate of international air traffic, I suppose joining DFS is a rather smart idea. However, I am also convinced that the job itself is rather tiring, although it is really well paid, from all that I've heard about it. I'm not sure if I could deal with the high amount of responsibility burdened on my shoulders and I don't think that I can think abstract enough to imagine all the planes in the air just from looking at small dots on a monitor.

I'd rather go for the international consumer goods industry.

Bananenbieger

Golden Noble
It is the same with me. Radar controller is not really a job I would like to do. It is simply too boring in my eyes.

UHDriver

Doppelter Prinzenapfel

True. But most probably you'll end up working with people who actually speak a somewhat decent English or at least have to put an effort in improving their language skills to keep their job.

The real challenge is to work with people who just get posted to one of the mentioned organisations because their home country feels like doing so. That's when it really gets interesting.